About Me

My photo
Well about me... I am very simple girl. I am taking Tx Gov't because its kind of required. I don't know about political ideology. Political stuff is pretty confusing to me. Never got it in high school either(I just graduated). I've never voted. I just turned 18 so maybe soon. By taking this class I hope I'll understand Tx Gov't better.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

FILL OUT YOUR CENSUS FORMS!

Why is it so hard to fill out the Census? Are people afraid of it? It's just a form sitting there on the table longing to be filled out and sent back. I understand that many homes all around America may hold illegal immagrants, but it doesn't mean the form can't be filled out. What I don't understand is if you aren't hiding anything, why aren't many more people filling the census form? Is out of pure laziness? The consequences is damaging, especially in an area like ours that is struggling.


Now, The Census Bereauare sending out the census for a second time to places that had a low turn out when the census can around the first time. People have been trying to push the residents of the Austin area to fill it out because it really does effect the community. The money that we could be receiving for schools, roads, and etc. won't be given to Austin because of the very inaccurate information from the census. Then the people who didn't fill out the census become furious because of how bad the community is doing.

People that have filled out the first census form don't need to fill it out a second time if they receive it. To the people who receive it a second time here's the chance to fill it out and do a good deed!

1 comment:

  1. My classmate wrote an original editorial about the census and it's turn out rate thus far. I completely agree with what she says and the questions that she is wondering about why there are so many people who haven't filled out the forms. I do believe that there are many places that could benefit if the census was just filled out and turned in. So many people are too wrapped up in their lives to realize how much the lack of information could hurt our community, city, state etc. I think that the idea of sending out the census a second time and having census workers going door- to- door is a very pushy but good idea to try to reinstate the importance. I completely support this!

    ReplyDelete