About Me

My photo
Well about me... I am very simple girl. I am taking Tx Gov't because its kind of required. I don't know about political ideology. Political stuff is pretty confusing to me. Never got it in high school either(I just graduated). I've never voted. I just turned 18 so maybe soon. By taking this class I hope I'll understand Tx Gov't better.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Metal detector..

This article is from the Austin Statesmen. This happen about a month ago, but it is an important topic. This article is about some one's opinion on what actions should be done about the conflict that occurred at the State Capital. Someone brought a gun to the State Capital, and ended up shooting outside the Capital. This person believes that too many people have guns now. This person thinks there should be metal detectors at the State Capital so they can tell who has a gun on them. But this will start problems with people who do have license to have the gun. The people who do have a gun have the right to have it on themselves. The people are protecting themselves and by saying they can't have their gun, they are taking their right.

The intended audience for people who want something done about the gun incidence, and agree with what should be done. The person with the opinion to have a metal detector in the State Capital, but should've gone into more detail. The author should suggest to put up a metal detector, but who ever has a gun on them should represent their license. The author was trying to talk about not making it like the airport in Dallas, but something needs to be done.

(I really don't know if this is how its suppose to be writen) hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment