About Me

My photo
Well about me... I am very simple girl. I am taking Tx Gov't because its kind of required. I don't know about political ideology. Political stuff is pretty confusing to me. Never got it in high school either(I just graduated). I've never voted. I just turned 18 so maybe soon. By taking this class I hope I'll understand Tx Gov't better.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Gay Divorce in Travis County

This article was from KXAN Austin News. Travis County has granted a divorce to a gay marriage even though they do not allow gay marriages. Attorney General Greg Abbott isn't for the decision and filed a petition on the case saying that Texas does not allow gay marriages so it does not agree on same-sex divorce. The Attorney General also says the state needs to defend the Texas Constitution. In the constitution, marriage is a union between one man and one woman. To conclude Abbot suggest a voidance to the marriage. Angelique Naylor who filed the case wanted a divorce because the voidance may still say she is married in other countries.

I think this article is worth reading because this effected our State. Gay marriages are soaring. More and more gay couples will be getting married and just like opposite sex marriages they will have problems also. The state will have to take more actions or even CHANGES on dealing with these cases as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment